Welcoming words.Thank you for being interested in reading one or more of my writings

My name is Juan Santiago. Thank you for being interested in reading one or more of my writings. It is not my ultimate intention to change or influence your faith and/or political views, instead it is my goal to keep you inform about some subjects which I believe matters to our local community as we are thriving to bettering our lives everyday. I am also committed to share with you some of my experiences in writing as an advocate for Social Justice in the state of California. If this is your first visit " Welcome", please consider to visit again soon. I invite you to join me on start documenting our experiences, so that others either join us in our causes or teach us about the other side of our fights through productive criticisms.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Remarks on President Barack Obama’s 2010 State of the Union Address-Education and Immigration

Madera, California-As a young adult and as well as a student, today, after listening to President Barack Obama delivering his second State of the Union Address from the Chamber of the House of Representative I become motivated and willing to accept the challenges to fight for my American Dream.

For the second time after his inauguration speech in 2008 the president’s words spark hope and opportunity in my person. First, he truly emphasis the important of education which will lead the U.S. for future innovations he said. I am currently a student at a California community college and even tough I do not qualify for any state or federal assistance I do feel part of the best school institution system in the world as Mr. President state it. Investment in education in general truly affect my academia. Less money for education means more classroom crowds, and less counseling aids. More money for education mean more on-campus based opportunity available such as educational field trips.

Tonight, the president dedicated fifty percent of his speech on education, comparing to only six percentages on his 2010’s address. He remind to those currently deciding on their career to “become a teacher. Your country needs you.” he asks.

On his last remark on education he reminded to all policy makers that there is in the country some young people excelling on education, yet, they're facing deportation because of being undocumented students. He urge for a bipartisan effort to once again take the issue and reform the current broken immigration system.

Words from the President of United States Barak Obama:

"Today, there are hundreds of thousands of students excelling in our schools who are not American citizens. Some are the children of undocumented workers, who had nothing to do with the actions of their parents. They grew up as Americans and pledge allegiance to our flag, and yet live every day with the threat of deportation. Others come here from abroad to study in our colleges and universities. But as soon as they obtain advanced degrees, we send them back home to compete against us. It makes no sense."

"Now, I strongly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration. I am prepared to work with Republicans and Democrats to protect our borders, enforce our laws and address the millions of undocumented workers who are now living in the shadows. I know that debate will be difficult and take time. But tonight, let's agree to make that effort. And let's stop expelling talented, responsible young people who can staff our research labs, start new businesses, and further enrich this nation."

No comments:

Post a Comment